Page 1 of 1     -  
 [1]
AuthorTopic: License error - MC4 (Read 413 times)
  1. << 04:21 PM 25-10-13 >>

#1 License error - MC4

Reply With Quote Reply

Hello,
    I had purchased Modern Combat 4 game (android) from the Google play store, and have been able to play it in the past. But when I launched it today, I get an error message indicating invalid license, and prompts me to buy from play store. When I launch play sure, it shows me the option to open or uninstall (since I already purchased it)

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall because I'd lose all game progress and have to download the huge file again. Is there any way to fix this license error?

I contacted customer care using their webform with the message (above), and was told that it was likely due to firmware update on my tablet (which hasn't happened since I installed and played the game), or due to game update (which also hasn't happened since I installed the game)

Their suggestion - remove the game (and try to reinstall), or wait for a game update(?)

I don't get it - the game was working, and now it is not (no update to game or phone) - error message tells me it is license error, but gameloft says it is game software or phone firmware.

I've never ever pirated any apps (and don't think I ever will), but I can see why folks may choose to do that - no issues like this where developer invalidates license even though user paid for it.

Is there any workaround for this license error? (Nexus 7 Android 4.3 - unrooted - stock) I really don't want to lose game progress, and don't want to download the huge game data file again, which for some reason takes 2+ hours even on a high speed connection (35M+)

Thanks

2. << 10:38 PM 25-10-13 >>
    Community Support Manager Administrator

Hello,

Please report this to support.gameloft.com and my colleagues will investigate the issue and get back to you with some answers.

Have a nice day!

3. << 03:22 PM 26-10-13 >>

Originally Posted by Stefan FromGameloft:
    Hello,

Please report this to support.gameloft.com and my colleagues will investigate the issue and get back to you with some answers.

Have a nice day!

Hello, I did create a ticket at that URL, and their response (what I posted in my original post) wasn't really helpful - that's why I posted here looking for alternatives.

4. << 07:04 PM 26-10-13 >>

aaaand GM please place theme in right place.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 1     -  
 [1]